WorkflowFieldLookup is a Dynamics CRM 2011 Solution containing custom workflow assemblies built using .NET Framework 4. Its main fundamental feature is to retrieve field value(s) that cannot be retrieved or supported by current built-in CRM Workflow configuration screen.
The solution contains the following features:
- Field Lookup Current Record
This class allows you to retrieve the record’s primary GUID , GUID of any other lookup fields, and numeric value of picklist fields of the record on which the workflow is triggered on. It also generates the URL of the current record for use in constructing Email body.
This class allows you to retrieve the field value(s) of the first record retrieved from a particular entity which matches certain query conditions. An example where you would use this feature:
- You need to retrieve a field value from a look-up entity which is not linked/associated to the entity you are working on in the workflow
- Field Lookup By Fetch XML
This class allows you to execute FetchXml and retrieve field value of the first record returned. Few practical examples where you would use this feature:
- You need to retrieve the field value(s) of a record which is linked in multiple-level relationships, eg. Grandparent-Parent-Child relationship.
- You need to check whether a User belongs to a Team or not.
Please visit the download section to download the solution and documentation.